Sunday, April 29, 2012

The ABCs of SNC: Y is for...



Thank you, YouTube!

I adore YouTube - it's a bridge between small town me and the rest of the world.  I can get lost for hours just clicking from video to video, seeing things I would never get to see otherwise, constantly being wide-eyed and jaw-dropped amazed by the creativity of others, learning how to do new, useful and fascinating things, and yes, watching videos posted by both the audience and the members of my favorite a cappella group. :o)

YouTube is also a bridge in the Straight No Chaser story, linking the past to the present, a record company CEO to a group of good college friends, and those good friends to each other. Now it spans the gap between that group of friends and their fans, making it seem as though there is hardly any gap at all. I greatly appreciate that SNC allows the audience to share concert videos on YouTube - I truly couldn't be the Chaser I am without them.  I shudder to think of all of the fantastic spontaneous live show moments that would be lost if they didn't. I absolutely love watching all of the different ways they perform the same song, and I'm grateful for the many times I have laughed 'til I cried over a song intro or #shenanigans or been brought to tears by the beauty of a song.  And what about the historical view?  The videos capture their show developing from that 1998 performance of 12 Days, to the start of "10 stools, 10 mics," to the incredible lighting and set they have now!

In December 2011 the lucky staff at Google/YouTube got a private concert and Q&A session with Straight No Chaser!  And, thanks to YouTube, we get to enjoy it, too!




In this blog series you've seen the track listing for all of their albums and many of their mash-ups and medleys -  the following is a really good start on a list of their single, full songs. You can search for any of these titles on YouTube by adding "Straight No Chaser" or "SNC" in the front. Of course, the video quality varies.

I probably don't need to say this, but **SPOILER ALERT!!!**  :o)





If there's anything you would like to add, or if Straight No Chaser has added something new to their show - they do it all the time! - please leave a comment. Thanks!

Africa
Alexander's Ragtime Band
All My Life
America the Beautiful
Auld Lang Syne
Back Home Again in Indiana
Bridge Over Troubled Water
Buddy Holly
Callin' Baton Rouge (Special for Baton Rouge)
Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You
Carol of the Bells
Chicken Fried
(The) Christmas Can-Can
¿Dónde Está Santa Claus?
Don't Dream It's Over
Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me
Don't Stop Believin'
End of the Road
Fix You
For The Longest Time
Get Ready
Haven't Met You Yet
Hey, Santa!
Hi-De-Ho (also HiDeHo, Hi Dee Ho, Hidey Ho, etc...)
How Deep Is Your Love
I Heard it Through the Grapevine
I Walk With You
Indiana Christmas
If I Ever Fall In Love 
In My Life
Insomniac (Most of these are IU SNC, but there is ONE video of the AR group singing it, with a Seggie solo.)
In the Still of the Night
Jersey Girl (Special for Atlantic City, NJ. Lyrical rewrite of "Surfer Girl")
Jingle Bells
Joy to the World (Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog)
Let It Snow
Let's Get It On
Like a Prayer
(The) Lion Sleeps Tonight
Little Saint Nick
Miss You
O Holy Night
One Voice
Rehab
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
Somebody That I Used to Know
So Sick
Stand By Me
(The) Star-Spangled Banner
Straight No Chaser (theme song)
Summer of '69
Take Me Home, Country Road (Special for Charleston, WV)
Tainted Love
The Way You Make Me Feel
This Christmas
This is How We Do It
'Til There Was You
Under the Bridge
Up on the Roof
Uptown Girl
Who Spiked the Eggnog?
Wonderwall
Worlds Apart
You Send Me
You're My Best Friend
You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch!
You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'




Photo credit: Ryan

1 comments:

wsbhark said...

Thanks for posting the video! What a great group!

Post a Comment