Sunday, April 29, 2012

The ABCs of SNC: W is for...

With a Twist (2010) is the first, and so far only, Atlantic Records Straight No Chaser non-holiday full-length album.  They are working towards a new album with hopes for a fall tour release date, but nothing definite yet.


1. I'm Yours / Somewhere Over The Rainbow 
2. Tainted Love
3. Don't Dream It's Over
4. Fix You
5. You're My Best Friend
6. The Living Years
7. You & Me & The Bottle Makes Three / Single Ladies
8. Wonderwall
9. Joy To The World
10. Under The Bridge
11. Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You
12. One Voice (solo: Barry Manilow)




 You should definitely look for any Deluxe Edition with the bonus songs. I think the With A Twist (Deluxe Edition CD/DVD) is an amazing deal:  "With a Twist," plus 4 Bonus Tracks, the full “Straight No Chaser: Live In New York” concert DVD AND a book of photographs for only $20?! Wow, yes!

One Voice is the track I discussed in this series under O.

Bonus track Only You is the ballad by Yazoo, not the song by The Platters.  A stunning Jerome solo/Walt arrangement, 1:40 to 2:00 brought tears to my eyes on my first listen, no joke.

SNC made a music video for Tainted Love! It was filmed at Harrah's Resort in Atlantic City and has a Rat Pack or The Hangover vibe.




And a behind the scenes video!
#fakeRandawg
#pinkfeatherboa
#whydoyouhaveayellowumbrella




0 comments:

Post a Comment