Monday, April 29, 2013

Y: Young Life

Logo courtesy of
https://www.facebook.com/YoungLife

If you haven't heard, Straight No Chaser member Ryan Ahlwardt left the group in December. You can read his goodbye letter here: Thank You!  I also highly recommend downloading his SNC FanChat so you can listen to him talk about making this important decision.

In the letter, Ryan explains why:
Through much prayer, counsel, and careful consideration, I am heeding a spiritual calling to serve high-schoolers in my home community (Fishers, IN) as part of a Christian outreach ministry called Young Life.
The call to embark upon this new journey was as unexpected for me as I presume it may be for you to read these words now.

Young Life has held a special place in my heart since my time spent volunteering with the organization in Fishers in 2006-08. To be called to serve young people through a ministry I care deeply about (in my former school district back home, nonetheless) is something I am compelled to pursue.

If you would like to learn more about Young Life, you can check out their website at http://www.younglife.org/us.

From the website:
Young Life is a Christian ministry that reaches out to middle school, high school and college-aged kids in all 50 of the United States as well as more than 70 countries around the world.

I can't think of a better organization to support with a donation of your time or money - whether it's in honor of Ryan and the hard work and love he gave so readily during his time in SNC (there is an option to mention that if you make the donation through the site), or as a way for you to reach out to the youth in your community.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/YoungLife

Twitter: https://twitter.com/YoungLife

#RAFunFact Ryan's solo album, Live From Malibu, was recorded during his 2007 summer tour at the Malibu Young Life Camp in British Columbia, Canada.

**********

Just one day left in the A to Z Blogging Challenge! Come back tomorrow as I reveal the smashing end to our aca-alphabet!  Oh, and by the way, there are only...




*Photo credit: Shaina E. Graphic by Sara D.

0 comments:

Post a Comment